August 18, 2012

Project Cook: Zucchini fries

Ever come across a blog post that has a picture of a really great recipe that you have to make immediately? Enter: zucchini fries. I don't even know how I came across this post, but I'm sure glad I did! We made these last week and they were so delicious (I just salivated reminiscing about it, true story).

What you need:
Zucchini cut in strips like fries
1 egg
1/2 cup of beer (we used Bud Light...and may or may not have used more than 1/2 cup)
3/4 cup of flour
Whatever seasoning we wanted (garlic powder, etc)
Vegetable oil
Salt to season/taste
Mayo
Sriracha

While I cut the zucchini, Cait made the batter. She whisked together the egg, beer, flour, and other seasonings. In a cast-iron skillet, I heated up some oil and started coating and frying the zucchini. The beer really made the batter really light, which made the zucchini fry up crisp on the outside while still maintaining its soft texture inside.

Doesn't this look so good? I made that!

On the side, we made a spicy mayo (as the post suggested) by mixing some mayo with sriracha. I just took a couple tablespoons of mayo and mixed in sriracha until it had a kick. Dipping our zucchini fries in it was awesome! I'm making this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment