April 12, 2012

Brochocino

Just chillin', circa 1989

Apparently I missed National Sibling Day. So I'm posting now...two days later.

Gosh, I love my brother. He is the best little brother I could have ever asked for. After graduation, my brother (A ramblin' wreck from Georgia Tech - a hell of an engineer!) moved home for a baller job and we have been living under the same roof again for the first time in 5 years. It has been such a joy to be back home together. We have been spending our Fridays off together and I have enjoyed every single day of it!

'member when we were tan 24/7? Those were the good ol' days...

Now that I'm getting married, I have to admit I'm going to miss the spontaneous moments of pure ridiculousness/silliness that comes from having a sibling. Thinking back to my childhood, we always knew how to have fun/make fun of mom. We have been known to show up to the same event wearing the exact. same. outfit. We always have each other's backs and are always tying to make sure the other is ok.

I'm going to miss calling him/texting him from the basement (to his room on the 2nd floor) to see if he wants to grab froyo with me. Or a double down from KFC. He doesn't judge my food choices (he actually usually wants the same thing as me), reason #425634 why I love him.

It has been a joy to see my brother grow up to be a wonderful, strong, devoted young man of God. He works 40+ hours a week, and yet devotes his weekends into pouring into kids lives at youth group. It makes this big sister proud to know that he's got his head on straight and his path made straight!

So here's to my little (taller) brother -- please skype me whenever mom/dad says/does something ridiculous, ok?

(Photo courtesy of Ms. Lok!)

Oh and ladies -- this hunk is 110% single. Any takers?
Just so you know though, you have to pass my test first.

No comments:

Post a Comment