January 9, 2012

2011: Recap

In the spirit of being thankful, I thought about the highlights of 2011. What I remember is: a lot of laughter, a lot of love, and whole lot of grace!


In January, my brother and I were gifted a trip to Cambodia after our family trip to Thailand to visit my dad. It was a wonderful trip and a great bonding experience for the two of us.


In March, on a 'normal' Saturday afternoon, the love of my life got down on one knee and proposed. I still can't believe that happened. Sometimes I wake up and look at my ring to make sure I haven't been dreaming this whole time. True story.

Shaheen & I with our crowns; Ms. Cad's cut-off head because she was running so fast!

In April, Prince William got married to the gorgeous Kate Middleton. This was also the month I saw a couple of friends from college. My friend Shaheen came to visit. We woke up at 5AM to watch the royal wedding, and made ourselves some crowns. Then we went to visit our friend Julia in Philadephia. She ran in a marathon when we were there!


In May, my brosef graduated from college! It was a wonderful time, even though my grandparents fell asleep during the ceremony.


In the summer, the fiance and I spent three months together, pretending like we weren't in a long-distance relationship. We went on dates, we cooked at home, we went on bike rides, we went to Deep Creek with our kids. It was wonderful. Also wonderful? Our parents meeting for the first time.

I started my last year of graduate school in September. I also started working on this blog. Then November came, and it was our 2 year anniversary and Thanksgiving. Saw the fiance for the first time in three and a half months (remind me to tell you that long-distance relationships take a lot of work and patience). Counting down the days!


Then it was December, and before I knew it I was five months away from my big day. Freak out!

2011, you were so good - too good - to me. 2012 - bring. it. on.

No comments:

Post a Comment